Senior Director, Development
*This position can be in South Florida or Chicago*
1. Integrate internal and external resources for the end-to-end, development/redevelopment from conceptual design through project delivery, final punch list, and tenant coordination. Ensure communication and effective relationship management with clients, suppliers, contractors, vendors, engineers, and municipal representatives, achieving optimal alignment and outcomes of assigned projects.
2. Analyze project’s financial, political, architectural, and construction feasibility.
3. Manage architects, civil engineers, traffic consultants and surveyors required for the feasibility entitlement and construction of the project.
4. Coordinate and meet with governing entities required in the feasibility and entitlement of projects.
5. Ensure compliance with Federal, State, County, and City regulatory agency requirements.
6. Provide routine weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting and as needed updates to senior leadership.
7. Personally, exhibit an inspiring passion for continuous learning.
8. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required, with a strong preference for degrees in relevant, related fields such as Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
2. At least 5 years of experience which includes a track record of successful development and construction delivery of retail and mixed use projects.
3. Multi-market, end-to-end project management experience in retail and mixed-use product classes with depth in delivery aspects of ground-up development and redevelopment.
1. A proven track record of creating, leading, and championing a quality assurance culture across development and redevelopments projects.
2. Experience across the full spectrum of development activities from underwriting, financing, and acquisition, to concept and design planning, to pre-development, pre-construction, construction completion, lease-up, and tenant coordination.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects and markets, simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment to drive development/redevelopment project activities to successful completion.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Strength in managing multiple outside parties on multiple projects will be critical.
5. Strong technical acumen in design and construction delivery; exceptional project management skills; sensitivity of architectural excellence and enduring placemaking; clear decision-making and collaborative partnering.
6. Self-starter with excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
7. Strong strategic mind; demonstrable creativity, foresight, and self-awareness and judgment in anticipating and solving complex real estate development issues.
8. Results-driven with a demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and successfully execute a solid understanding of and the ability to identify the key levers that create value across the development and construction delivery process.
9. Maintains exceptionally high expectations and exerts effort to surpass goals.
10. Highly energetic and committed; excited to be part of the early stages of a growing platform.
11. Driven, bias for smart action. Efficient and organized.
12. Honest, open and genuine. Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity.
13. Low ego; willing to take on responsibilities that come with being part of a lean organization.
14. Ability to develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect with team members.
15. Collaborates with team members across all departments
Does this sound like you?Apply Now
More ShopCore Job Openings
Regional Property Manager