Leasing Associate - Ancillary Income
The commercial real estate industry is rapidly evolving; it is no longer about simply filling vacant space or creating the ideal retail mix. Today, shoppers crave unique experiences, while the latest brands demand flexibility. ShopCore’s Ancillary Income department is adapting to the quickly-changing retail environment by filling vacant inline and common area space, on a short-term basis, with local entrepreneurs, promotional and community events, unique advertising opportunities, and more.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Ancillary Income, the Leasing Associate will be responsible for generating revenue by negotiating short-term and common area deals, as well as finding new and exciting ways to enhance the shopping center experience at ShopCore-owned properties. This position requires a creative mind and a hunger to think outside-the-box on a regular basis to consistently generate new ideas and leads. Persistence, along with and a passion for marketing and leasing is a must. This is an excellent opportunity to collaborate with a rapidly-growing team within a ‘best in class’ organization.
- Responsible for negotiating license agreements, license agreement renewals and amendments for selected properties in the ShopCore portfolio.
- Identify and attract local, potential short-term and common area tenants through various techniques including but not limited to cold calling, listing websites and canvassing.
- Review current tenant mix and tenant restrictions/exclusives to determine ideal short-term inline and common area uses.
- Study and research markets.
- Study retail trends, sales performance and expansion plans for local temporary retailers.
- Reply to short-term leasing inquiries received via phone or various listing websites.
- Establish and maintain positive tenant relationships.
- Prepare annual revenue budgets and projections.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-5 years’ experience in commercial real estate or commercial leasing
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative in projects and tasks.
- High degree of integrity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Success in multi-tasking while maintaining a strong attention to detail and desire to perform projects and actions with the highest quality results.
- Demonstrated self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written format and oral presentation.
- Maintaining personal skills and establishing relationships to advance professional networks and facilitate communication both within and outside the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Additional Job Functions:
- Automobile and airline travel may be required 50-75% of the time, including overnight stays.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, HSA, dental, vision, life, a 401k match option, paid PTO and holidays.
If you want to join a dynamic team that believes integrity is the bedrock of business and stresses that our most valuable assets are our employees; then attach your resume, list of certifications, salary history, and a well written cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of ShopCore Properties. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.
*Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Does this sound like you?Apply Now
More ShopCore Job Openings
Property Manager - The Shops at SkyView
San Diego, CA