Property Manager - The Shops at SkyView
This position will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations of The Shops at SkyView, a 560,000 SF enclosed mall in Flushing, New York.
We aspire to be the preeminent owner and operator of community, power and grocery-anchored shopping centers throughout the country. We own over 18 million square feet of retail space, with properties concentrated in densely populated sub-markets and anchored by best-in-class retailers.
We foster a proactive, collaborative culture throughout our organization and a spirit of partnership with the communities in which we operate. We are an affiliate of The Blackstone Group, one of the largest real estate owners and managers in the world, providing significant financial strength and long-term stability.
Due to our continued expansion, we have an immediate opening for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented Property Manager who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
Position Summary: This position will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations of The Shops at SkyView, a 560,000 SF enclosed mall in Flushing, New York.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise Site Administration Manager as well as site maintenance, engineering, security employees and other vendors performing work at the site.
- Ensure the timely and efficient completion of all safety, maintenance and housekeeping related issues.
- Schedule maintenance personnel and work order assignments.
- Maintain long range capital improvements planning.
- Prepare job specifications and competitively bid all large maintenance projects and service agreements.
- Submit all routine reports including activity reports, variance reports, property inspections, roof inspections and lighting reports in a timely manner.
- Work cooperatively with Construction Department and tenant coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business.
- Understand the significant issues affecting a property’s performance. Implement programs or make recommendations to correct problems and enhance positive aspects of each property.
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of all buildings, systems and equipment for all property users.
- Prepare team to respond in emergency and crisis situations.
- Establish an effective working relationship with all tenant store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants through tenant meetings, correspondence, newsletters and by being accessible and providing timely and effective service and response. Understand sales and performance drivers.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with leasing and assist with existing conditions surveys, LOI process, tenant operations coordination, tenant openings, development of leasing materials and presentation of the property on site tours.
- Coordinate with the General Manager the annual property operating budgets, monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget parameters, prepare monthly expense reports and quarterly budget reforecast reports.
- Assist director of ancillary income with coordination and operations of kiosk, vending tenants and external advertising programs to maximize property revenue.
- Work with Accounting, Revenue Control, Accounts Receivable, Leasing, Tax Departments and various other departments in effectively resolving tenant issues and disputes regarding rent, adjustments, etc.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college, university.
- Minimum 5 years previous relevant experience in commercial retail operations
- Proven experience as a property manager within a mall and/or mixed-use retail environment
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong focus on delivering results and providing exceptional tenant service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, self-directed and capable of working independently
- Proven people management abilities
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High degree of integrity.
- CSM, CPM, or RPA certifications are preferred
- Experience with MRI is an asset
- Experience with facilities management preferred
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, HSA, dental, vision, life, a 401k match option, paid PTO and holidays.
If you want to join a dynamic team that believes integrity is the bedrock of business and stresses that our most valuable assets are our employees; then attach your resume, list of certifications, salary history, and a well written cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of ShopCore Properties. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.
*Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Does this sound like you?Apply Now
More ShopCore Job Openings
Regional Property Manager
San Diego, CA