San Diego, CA
The Analyst position is responsible for providing financial and strategic analysis support related to the management of the Company’s portfolio of shopping centers. Analysis projects may include: financial modeling, financial reporting and monitoring and reporting investment performance, and asset-level underwriting.
ShopCore owns and operates dominant community and power shopping centers in top U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSA’s).
Due to our continued expansion, we have an immediate opening for an energetic, conscientious and detail-oriented Financial Analyst who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
- Develop and analyze reports that identify key operating metrics (i.e.: occupancy, leasing activity, rent, operating margins, estimates of asset value, etc.)
- Prepare and manage monthly and quarterly financial, retail and valuation reports
- Analyze operating budgets and capital plans, re-forecasts and cash flow assumptions
- Conduct various financial analyses on investment opportunities, peer market performance and other ad hoc research as requested
- Communicate with all necessary departments to ensure ShopCore remains in compliance with obligations under joint venture agreements and other related documents including property management and asset management agreements
- Stay abreast of industry trends, transactional activity and outside research perspectives relative to the real estate markets
- Prepare and review financial projections and pricing analyses
- Assist in the coordination of transaction management and financial due diligence related to loan origination and the disposition of properties
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or related field
- 2-4 years of financial experience
- Strong understanding of financial analysis concepts, including, but not limited to, rates of return, cash flows, net present value and realization
- Argus Enterprise familiarity / experience
- Understanding of general real estate capital markets and trends as well as the important financial metrics that define them
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and comprehend the results of the various financial models
- Success in multi-tasking while maintaining a strong attention to detail and desire to perform projects and actions with the highest quality results
- Previous experience in an accounting, real estate, client service and/or financial analysis role. Exposure to both corporate and asset-level real estate financial modeling
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, HSA, dental, vision, life, a 401k match option, paid PTO and holidays.
If you want to join a dynamic team that believes integrity is the bedrock of business and stresses that our most valuable assets are our employees; then attach your resume, list of certifications, salary history, and a well written cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of ShopCore Properties. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.
*Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Does this sound like you?Apply Now
More ShopCore Job Openings
Leasing Associate - Ancillary Income
Assistant Property Manager
General Manager - The Shops at SkyView
College Point, NY